Saturday, March 21, 2009

Stop the drip

The kitchen faucet has started dripping. Of course this is a waste of water. But it also makes my well pump run more than necessary. Not good. Especially when I decided to see how much water was being run down the drain.

I placed an empty milk container under the faucet before I left for work yesterday and when I came home it was overflowing. So much more than a gallon of water was going down the drain every day.

We had purchased a new faucet several months ago in plans to upgrade the kitchen hardware at some point in the future. Well given the amount of water being wasted I decided to change the faucet out. Not a bad job to do. It took this non-plumber with a little guidance from my father-in-law about an hour and a half to complete the swap out.

So no more wasted water!!!

No comments: