Monday, March 30, 2009

My trade for plumbing

Since I needed the leaky shutoff valve fixed and lack the plumbing skills to solder a new one on I made a deal with my brother-in-law. He has the handy man/Mr. Fix-it abilities that I lack. I, however, am pretty good with computers.

So he came over and fixed my leak. He disconnected and cut off the leaky valve, then sanded down the remaining copper piping before soldering the copper connector to the piping. Then he connected the new shutoff valve to the connector and hooked up the feed to the faucet. It didn't look to hard but I didn't have all of the tools.

In return he needed a song edited for a workout CD he was making. After a quick search on the Internet I found a program called Audacity that allowed me to take his mp3 music file and cut out the unwanted sections. I did have to download an additional file for me to be able to export as an mp3. After exporting we burned it to a CD and was done.

Overall it was pretty easy and didn't cost me more than the parts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for your brother in law. fortunately where I come from we usually don't need to make deals with are inlaws. We believe in being able to be there for our family no matter what. One should never have to make deals with their own family, even if it's the inlaws.

Surfin' Sid said...

I think you miss understand. I was returning a favor giving back for the work he provided.