Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blowing insulation into the attic

In an effort to save money and reduce carbon emissions I blew an additional six inches of insulation into the attic. It was a rainy day and the vehicle that I was using to transport the insulation and the blower was not quite big enough. So after making two trips to Menards I finally got started. Albeit a very late start.

So after getting the blower all setup and working, which was extremely challenging, I climbed into the attic. I taped the hose and the on/off switch together and stuck a flashlight into my back pocket so I could use one hand to steady myself. So an hour and a half later I was finally able to exit the attic with the knowledge that I was going to start saving money immediately as a cold front had blown through the area. Brrrr.

No comments: